“It is life changing, I’m truly thankful to say that without this program I wouldn’t be where I am today.” ~Destiny Nguyen, YWS Graduate
Our Youth Workforce Services team recognizes that the best path to higher lifelong earnings is a quality education and consistent work experience. In partnership with the City of Los Angeles’ Economic and Workforce Development Department and LAUSD, Para Los Niños reengages disconnected youth 16-24 back into school and the workforce in the Lincoln Heights area.
In recognition of its work with Northeast LA youth, the City recently doubled Para Los Niños’ contract to include Westlake-MacArthur Park; the expansion is a multi-year, multi-million dollar investment offering a slated 2,200 students with integrated, comprehensive academic, workforce and post-secondary education preparation. This custom-fit approach includes paid and unpaid work experience, basic skills training, computer literacy, mentoring, career counseling, job placement, case management, assistance in meeting graduation and admission requirements, as well as applying for financial aid and scholarships.
- 100% of graduating high school seniors were accepted and will be attending college
- 98% of high school seniors graduated with their diploma on time
- 332 paid internships to young adults ages 14-24
- Over 11,860 hours of paid work experience
- 204 YWS students received a certificate or credential
- 91 students were enrolled in vocational training
- 71 students were enrolled in college full-time