The children we serve are at greatest risk of school failure because they live in poverty and chronic stress. That’s why we offer family and community programs that create the foundation for engaged learning and academic success.
These building blocks drive our work by directly addressing the social and economic barriers to learning that students in our communities face:
- We create safe environments at schools and at home
- We ensure that kids are physically healthy
- We teach coping skills to build resilience
- We empower parents to create positive change and advocate for their children
- We set high expectations for our students and our teaching methods build on their innate strengths