Our event on May 5th, was a great success and a true celebration of the impact of Para Los Niños on the children, youth, and families we serve. Thank you to all who attended, supported, and shared their own stories of joy and perseverance!
The virtual happy hour included highlights from PLN staff and families, and a cocktail/mocktail creation with the great chefs, Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, of Too Hot Tamales, Border Grill and SOCALO, and so much more! If you missed the show, or want to revisit the stories, take a look below.
Event Day Recipes
Destiny’s Guacamole Recipe
- 2 Avocados, cut and remove pit
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 8 Sprigs Cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Optional: onion, jalapeño
- Smash together avocado and lemon juice (use traditional wood or a fork will work)
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, optional ingredients if you like, salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together
- Taste and Enjoy with chips – homemade or store bought