While Para Los Niños does not have a current concern of an active exposure to COVID-19, we will be closing all charter schools and early education centers beginning March 16, 2020 through Friday April 10, 2020.
The overall health risk to the general public in California remains low but the health and safety of our children, youth, and families are our primary concern.
What you can do personally to protect yourself and your family:
- Have everyone in your family over 6 months get the flu shot.
- Stay at home if you’re sick to prevent coming into contact with someone who’s well to prevent the spread of illnesses.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds (sing happy birthday twice for a fun timer!) frequently.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw tissues into the trash once they’re used.
- Avoid hugging or handshakes when greeting someone.
- Aim to keep 6 feet between yourself and people you don’t know at large events.
- Make sure your bathrooms are fully stocked and can support hand washing.
- Disinfect frequently used surfaces at home and in the workplace such as door handles and elevator buttons.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not recommend people who are well to wear face-masks.
Additional Resources and Information: