TK-8th Grade Education
Our buildings may be closed, but Para Los Niños continues to provide education and support to students and families. Staff have worked hard to ensure our students are still thriving through distance learning platforms, device loans, and assistance for families to have reliable online connections.
Call today for more information
Gratts Primary Center
Charter Elementary School
Charter Middle School
Taking into consideration statements and guidance from state, county, city, and LAUSD officials, the 2020-2021 school year is being held remotely across our three charter schools.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact your school principal or our main line at 213-250-4800.
Resources for financial support, grab and go food pick-up, and more are available here.
At Para Los Niños Schools:
- Students receive high-quality education—project-based learning that fosters creative problem-solving and innovation while emphasizing literacy and language arts
- Families have access to the tools and resources to thrive — early intervention, mental health, and family support services
- Parents are encouraged to engage and learn too — leadership development to support students’ academic achievement and build personal strengths to succeed
- Families have the option for after-school — early drop-off and late pick-up available for up to 11 hours a day knowing children are safe and learning under the high-quality care of PLN
Admission is free and open to any student that is a resident of California
- Arts, Robotics, and Music Curriculum
- Bilingual Classes
- Three Free Meals Daily
- Early Drop-Off (7:00am CES & CMS, 7:15am GPC)
- Afterschool (until 6:00pm)
- Summer Bridge and Enrichment Courses
- Parent Engagement and Workshops
- Cultural Events and Field Trips
Excellent education for all students and families.
We believe children learn best when:
- Learning is integrated with the arts and across disciplines
- Through inquiry- and project-based learning
- Using their primary language and culture as building blocks for literacy
- In school and classroom environments that stimulate learning
- Through first-hand experiences that provoke thinking and language development
- With sufficient time and opportunity to navigate complex and reflective learning experiences
The teacher’s role at Para Los Niños:
- Create a safe and accepting environment where children can take risks and make mistakes
- Foster each child’s potential and unlock her gifts and passions
- Value and encourage children’s voices, questions and ideas
- Set high standards for academic achievement
- Act as both researcher and facilitator in the learning process
- Have deep and flexible knowledge of content and pedagogy
- Balance direct instruction and student-centered learning
The parent/caregiver’s role at Para Los Niños:
- Believe in their child’s potential
- Value and encourage her child’s voice, questions and ideas
- Support their child’s learning in school and at home
The student’s role at Para Los Niños:
- Actively participate in thinking and learning
- Express, interpret and demonstrate his/her knowledge in different ways
- Explore, research and solve complex problems
- Be a productive and responsible member of the school community
PLN is open to any school-aged resident of the state of California. PLN will not charge students tuition and will not discriminate against any student on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability.
Admission to PLN is on a first-come, first-serve basis. If there is more interest than available openings, entrance will be determined by a public lottery.
Enroll Today at ApplyLA.org
- PLN Return to Charter School Plan – English
- PLN Return to Charter School Plan – Spanish
- PLN Cal OSHA Covid-19 Prevention Plan Final 2.23.21
Para Los Ninos Charter Schools COVID19_School_Guidance_Checklist
- Gratts Primary Reopening_K12Schools3.12.21
- Charter Elementary Reopening_K12Schools3.12.21
- Charter Middle School Reopening_K12Schools3.12.21