Taking into consideration statements and guidance from state, county, city, and LAUSD officials, we have made the difficult decision to close our early education sites and three charter schools through the remainder of the 2019-2020 academic year.
Please plan for this closure accordingly. We will continue to update families through automated phone calls, texts, and email.
Additionally, we will update this page as more resources become available.
We’re humbled to see our community come together as it has, and we look forward to continuing to ensure the best for our children, youth, and families.
- Pandemic EBT Card Information
- LA County Free COVID-19 Testing Information
- Para Los Niños Bilingual Resource Guide (downloadable)
- Los Angeles County Department of Education Childcare Resources for Essential Workers
- COVID-19 Testing Site: Free Testing Info | Free Testing Info (Español)
- Most Wellness Centers (and The L.A. Trust) will stay open
- Loans for families impacted by COVID-19
- Sesame Street Community
- SHARE! Collaborative Housing or call toll-free: 1-877-742-7349
- COVID-19 Los Angeles Mass Resource List
- Homeless Resource – Tay Drop-In Centers
- Waive SoCal Gas payments
- Emergency TANF cash assistance
- Tenant Rights Legal Support: Mental Health Advocacy Services at 213-389-2077
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority Resources
- FindHelp.Org – type your zip code to see resources in your area
- OneDegree Los Angeles Resources
Business & Employment Resources
- EBT cards can now be used at Amazon and Walmart Online
- LAUSD Grab & Go Centers – find your location here.
- Everytable Helpline: 323-458-6487 | For seniors, families, employers worried about food security
- Grocery Stores with Hours for Seniors
- Los Angeles Food Bank Pantry Locator
- Dream Center Meal Service
- Charter School Sites offering Better 4You to distribute breakfast and lunch across the city.
- 3-1-1 Family Resource Centers offering grocery store gift cards to eligible families. Call to schedule an appointment. No walk-ins accepted.
- St. Turibius – located at 1524 Essex Street., Los Angeles, CA 90021 – is providing free meals for families from 9am-11am daily.
- CHIRP food bank locations
Additional Educational Resources
- Family activities for at home play and learning English | Spanish
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- ABC Mouse
- Preschool to 2nd grade
- Redeem code: SCHOOL1446
Educational Television Programming
- California Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants (DRAI) program: DRAI is a one-time, state-funded disaster relief assistance program for undocumented immigrants impacted by COVID-19. The program will provide $500 in direct assistance to those who qualify, and a maximum of $1,000 in assistance per household. To qualify, individuals must be able to provide information that they: 1) are an undocumented adult (18 yrs. of age or older); 2) are not eligible for federal COVID-19 related assistance such as the CARES Act tax stimulus payments or pandemic unemployment benefits; and, 3) have experienced financial hardship as a result of COVID-19.
Eligible individuals who live in Los Angeles County can apply starting on Monday, May 18, 2020 through the following nonprofit organizations:
- Boyle Heights COVID-19 Preparedness Resource Guide
- Undocumented Resource Guide: California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance available here.
- Relief Funds for Undocumented Workers Resource Guide
Internet & Mobile Resources
Innovations 2 Resources
All PLN schools are
Please contact your site principal or administrator directly, or call our main line at 213-250-4800.
We will continue to update families and staff through robo calls and emails through this time.
FAQ for Staff & Families
How do I explain to my children what COVID-19 is?
All of the news coverage on COVID-19 can be overwhelming for parents and frightening to kids. Try to keep your kids informed, but not anxious, by stressing what they can do to help stay healthy like washing their hands often, coughing into a tissue or their sleeves, and getting enough sleep.
What if I or someone I know tests positive for COVID-19?
If you or anyone you have come in contact with tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know and we will report to the Department of Public Health for tracking, and we can take necessary precautionary steps internally to clean (in addition to the high-level we are currently taking) and inform others.
And of course, please rest and follow your doctor’s orders!