A message from our President & CEO
Dear Para Los Niños Families,
I’m writing to share that all Para Los Niños charter schools will start the year off remotely on August 18th. While our administrators, teachers, and staff are sad we won’t see your child in person, we know this is the right decision for the entire Para Los Niños community. We continue to work closely with various agencies in the city, county, and state to make the best decisions for our students.
Since the 2019-2020 school year ended, we have been planning for a potential virtual start to the 2020-2021 school year and we feel confident in our ability to continue to provide a great education for your child. We are proud of what we were able to accomplish when we transitioned to distance learning on March 16th and persist in our efforts to adapt and accommodate the various ways your child learns and grows in the school community.
As we continue to plan for the first day of school, we also want to share the following updates:
- All students will be equipped with necessary technology to be able to participate in online and digital learning.
- All teachers will receive expanded training in online education to better meet the needs of students.
- All students will start the year off with training and resources to become better online learners.
- All parents will receive training and support to ensure they can support their students.
- Principals will continue customized planning for the safest possible reopening this fall.
- Free meals will continue to be provided – more information on times and locations when the school year begins.
- All wraparound services provided by Para Los Niños will continue to operate – either remotely or in person depending on guidance.
Additionally, we will continue to update you throughout the summer and as the school year kicks off. Thank you for your trust in our organization, our administrators, and teachers. This year isn’t the same as any before, but we can still hold on to our ability to provide excellent education, our unmatched social-emotional integration, and our deep community connections. Be well, and please contact your school with any questions, we are partners in your child’s success.
President & CEO, Para Los Niños